Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back To School

This morning, as I was driving to work, I get behind a bus that was stopping to pick up a small child.  I'm sure it was a kindergartner.  The little girl was right there to get on the bus, and her mother was a couple steps behind, letting her little girl go off into the world on her own.  When the bus pulled up, the little girl anxiously got on, and her mother was right there waving goodbye and beaming with pride and joy.  I mean BEAMING.

The mother waved goodbye over and over, and as the bus pulled away, she waved one final goodbye to her daughter, then she waved to the car behind the bus, and to me, the car next in line.  She turned to walk away and she seemed to be floating on air, with this great big smile on her face.

I don't honestly know how to describe it, but that mother, at that moment had pure joy in her heart, and it showed to me. I teared up almost instantly.

It's pretty rare to catch a glimpse of pure happiness like that, and I caught one today.  It was pretty amazing to see that, and it helps to put life in a certain perspective.  That mother made my day today.  She doesn't know it, but she did.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for that day with Amelia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. They get so fun around the age of 4, once the tantrums have semi-ended and they can actually have dialogue back and forth. They become little people with thoughts and dreams and fears and they look up to you for everything.

    I hear it goes downhill when they hit the teenage years, but whatever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. Just kidding. I'm a big baby like that too.

    ReplyDelete